Live for Tomorrow has given a great deal of thought not only to the products, but to their use and the environmental impact of production, and packaging. This vision of re-usability and earth-friendly ingredients has driven the solution, enabling processes within the company and with retailers to process and re-use returned packaging.
In 2007, Metro Vancouver launched the Zero Waste Challenge. The Zero Waste Challenge sets out to do two things with our region’s waste:
- Minimize the amount of waste going to disposal using opportunities to
reduce, reuse and recycle.
- With the remaining waste, maximize the recovery of energy.
Metro Vancouver residents and businesses generate over 3 million tonnes of waste each year. Currently, 52% of this is recycled. The other 48% is collected and taken to one of two landfills (Cache Creek or Vancouver) or to the region’s Waste-to-energy facility.
We have put into place processes to collect, sanitize and refill the bottles. All our stockists have agreed to accept the returned bottles.
How can you help?
- Remove the caps and put them in the blue bin;
- Give the bottles a quick rinse;
- Return the bottles to the store – to the checkout staff. Some stores will have our crates at the front by the recycle area;
- And finally, our deepest thanks for playing your part in saving the earth’s resources and making our beautiful city a better place.