Home 9 Archives 9 How to Clean House Mould

How to Clean House Mould

by | Dec 7, 2010 | Archives

The Live for Tomorrow Enviro-bleach is hydrogen peroxide based product at 5% of volume.


Hydrogen peroxide is an effective household cleaner that can be used on a variety of surfaces and for a variety of cleaning purposes. Hydrogen peroxide can be used in place of bleach, mildew removers, floor cleaners and other cleaning agents. Hydrogen peroxide can be used safely on clothing, floors, bathroom fixtures, kitchen appliances and other household items. Bleaches and other household cleaners can leave odours and toxic residue on surfaces. Hydrogen peroxide safely cleans without the smell, side effects or environmental damage. Hydrogen peroxide will leave your home refreshingly clean and bacteria free.

Things you will need

LFT Enviro-bleach

Spray bottle (if not using the 500mL dispenser)

Scrubbing brush

Toothbrush for grout between tiles


Latex gloves

LFT All purpose cleaner


If possible use the Live for Tomorrow 500mL dispenser. Alternatively, pour the contents of the 1.89L Enviro-bleach into a spray bottle. The dispenser or a spray will help cover the mould more easily. It’s a good idea to wear latex gloves while handling the Enviro-bleach and while cleaning mouldy surfaces.

Spot test the Enviro-bleach before spraying on painted or coloured surfaces. Hydrogen peroxide can fade colors in much the same way as bleach.

Spray the Enviro-bleach on the mouldy surface. Spray the surface heavily and make sure that the entire area is saturated with the Enviro-bleach. If you are spraying a vertical surface, such as a wall, spray from the bottom and work your way up. This way, any drips will fall on the already wet surface.

Allow it to sit for 10 minutes. This allows the hydrogen peroxide to kill the mould.



Use a scrubbing brush to scrub away the mould and to remove the mould stains. You may need to use a toothbrush for the grout area between tiles.


Wipe the area with a clean and damp sponge. Rinse the sponge often to keep it clean and to ensure that all of the mould and hydrogen peroxide residue are removed.

If necessary, repeat the process.

Store the spray bottle containing the hydrogen peroxide in a dark space. Hydrogen peroxide loses its effectiveness when exposed to light.

Finally, you can spray the Live for Tomorrow All Purpose cleaner and let it sit for a minute and scrub. Rinse the area thoroughly and wash the scrubbing brush.

Periodically, the tiles and grout should be re-sealed. You should only re-seal the area once the mold has been thoroughly clean with the Enviro-bleach.

Tips and Warning

When cleaning mouldy areas, do not touch the mould before spraying with hydrogen peroxide. Touching the mouldy area will release the mould spores into the air and make it more difficult to keep mould problems manageable in the future. If an area has a significant amount of mould, wear a mask to avoid breathing in the mould spores.

Do not swallow hydrogen peroxide or get it in your eyes. If this happens, get medical help or call a Poison Control Center. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) stated in its “Healthy Homes” publication that hydrogen peroxide can be used to kill mould, but that there is not sufficient research to recommend its use. HUD is unsure which moulds hydrogen peroxide is effective against or what the health hazards may be from extensive use of hydrogen peroxide.


Welcome to the LFT.community Blog!

Keena and Munu at the Showroom

About Us


December 2010