We at Live for Tomorrow are keeping our ears open to updates about COVID-19, and are increasing our general preventative measures.
Here’s how you can too:
Wash your hands frequently
Follow these five steps every time.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap*.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum “Happy Birthday” from beginning to end, twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
**Use hand sanitizer when you can’t use soap and water (If soap and water are not readily available, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.)
Maintain social distancing
Keep space of approximately 3 feet between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
If you have touched a surface or item contaminated with the virus, touching your eyes, nose or mouth could transfer the virus into your system and make you sick. (*Lower the risk by washing hands frequently!)
Practice respiratory hygiene
Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Discard of used tissue into a closed bin immediately.
If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
Call into (rather than physically visit) your doctor’s office for direction, this will help protect you and help prevent the spread of viruses and other infections.
Symptoms range from mild to severe. It takes 2-14 days after exposure for symptoms to develop. Symptoms may include: fever, cough and shortness of breath.
Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider
- Staying informed is the first best step in protecting yourself.
Additional measure include:
- Use of face masks, especially when you are sick – while they can’t 100% prevent infection, they can lessen the spread
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces daily – including tables, doorknobs, handles, countertops, phones, etc.***
* For hand washing:
We recommend Live for Tomorrow “Clean Mitts” hand soaps – Highly Concentrated, All Natural, Hypoallergenic, Biodegradable, Phosphate Free, Safe for septic systems. With proper washing techniques, these will leave your hands germ free ~ taking care of the earth while taking care of yourself!
*** For surfaces:
We recommend our very own “Elbow Grease” Multi-Purpose cleaner. This hard working solution tackles tough messes and day-to-day build up with a pleasing, highly concentrated, all natural formula.